A hot dog is one of those foods that we have all craved since we were kids. They look appetizing and fulfilling at the same time. Today, we have 2 recipes for vegetarian hot dogs for you. For more yummy recipes, visit our food blog.
Let’s begin by digging into a little bit of the history of hot dogs. The word frankfurter comes from Frankfurt, Germany, where pork sausages similar to hot dogs originated. While this is the oldest record of this dish, its origin has been disputed for a long time. Germans claim that with frankfurts, they created the first hot dog-like dish. Similarly, in New York, historians argue that it was discovered by a French connoisseur while experimenting with food.
Wherever the origin story may lie, like any other food hot dog evolved into many varieties- one of them being the vegetarian hot dog. Here we have 2 vegetarian hot dog recipes for you!
For Hot Dog Sauce-
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil
- ½ tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 3 Onions, sliced
- 2 small Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 6-8 Kashmiri dry red chillies, soaked
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
For Hot Dog Filling-
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 cup Capsicum, diced
- 1 cup Soya Vadi powder
- 1 cup Soya Mince, soaked
- 1 cup Paneer, grated
- ½ cup Hot dog sauce
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- For the sauce, saute ginger, garlic, onion in oil until they are light brown.
- Add tomatoes once they are brown and saute.
- Add the dry spices and vinegar and cook.
- Add sugar, Kashmiri chillies, water and tomato ketchup and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Let it cool and then blend into a sauce.
- For the filling, saute ginger, garlic, capsicum until charred.
- Add soya vadi powder and cook.
- Add soya mince, paneer and mix everything once.
- Mix in the hot dog sauce and top with coriander leaves.
- Now toast the hot dog bugs and fill the filing inside.
- Put shredded cheese inside and add mayonnaise or any sauce you like!
Your vegetarian hotdog is ready!
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup cooked rajma beans well-drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 & ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- ½ cup oatmeal rolled or quick oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Chop the onion and garlic in a food processor.
- Saute the mixture in a pan until fragrant and then blend together.
- Add rajma, soy sauce, tomato paste and seasoning to the blender and blend into a paste.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (gluten, oatmeal, yeast, and flax) in a large mixing bowl. Add the contents of the food processor and stir until combined.
- When the dough is formed, roll it into dog-sized rolls and steam them for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Now toast your hot dog buns and put the dog inside.
Put the blended sauce over it and your hot dog is ready to serve!
Now you have 2 perfect vegetarian hot dog recipes that you can enjoy at home! Read more food blog recipe on foodism.